The unconference tickets have been released!
You know… the open space discussion event – the foundation for this community and the spark that kicked this whole thing off in April.
Among the excitement of the hands-on activities of the Festival, don’t forget that in the morning we’re also hosting a space to discuss, connect, inspire, empower – just like at the last one.
Early bird tickets are available now for a donation. ccfest.eventbrite.com.au
And remember… these tickets are paying for the festival. Register, and make sure your friends do too. #ta : )
Locking in the scaffold
Things are really ticking along… things are getting real. The tangibility of it all is getting exciting.
Make sure we know what you need for your projects. Kat and I are working on site plans and scheduling at the moment and will be locking in the scaffold for the conference in the coming week. We need to know what you need!
Thankfully, most projects are flexible and we can work on them right up until the day of the festival, but if you do need something make sure to say so.
If you want to check out the space, we have one last site visit at 4pm Wednesday 16th. Remember: Plant 1, Corner of Park Terrace and Fifth Streets (opposite the cafe Plant 13).
Quick, get out your diary!
- 630pm tomorrow, Cafe Non-Fiction: fundraiser at Co-West writers’ coworking space – and at 5:30 the art group are meeting up to discuss projects
- 1-5pm Saturday, Flinders Community Garden Spring Fiesta: the Flinders Uni Permaculture crew are hosting a fiesta… I expect to see many familiar faces!
- 6pm next Tuesday 15 October, Alex launches his new business Cameotree: never mind what the name means, they make videos and preserve memories. Congratulations Alex on getting his venture to this stage. Come and show your support.
- 4pm Wedneday 16 October – final site visit – Plant 1, Corner of Park Terrace and Fifth Streets (opposite the cafe Plant 13)
- 18-20th October or thereabouts is the Festival of Ideas. Lots of interesting events worth checking out, in particular Format’s Festival of Unpopular Culture. Yes, that’s FUC.
- 1pm Sunday 20 October in particular, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Vibrancy Forum. I guess it will be funny. It will probably be a forum.
- 2pm that same Sunday afternoon, come to ARTillery to help prepare for the festival at their Crafternoon Tea Potluck. This is a good excuse to catch up if ever I heard one.
- 630pm Tuesday 22nd October is our monthly gathering, on the home straight to the festival. Let’s nut out our final plans of attack.
I should hope that’s enough, but there’s probably more.
Over and out